Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Is it trapped gas? A food allergy? Stomach disease? Stress?

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
User Profile
My stomach makes weird noises...
It sounds like really bad plumbing.It happens anywhere at any time,but I noticed it gets a lot worse and becomes even louder when I think about it or become very stressed.

I also experience morning sickness (nausea) every day.

This is embarrassing, but I also have trouble defecating in the morning. When I do happen to use the bathroom it's very little and loose, and I'll have the need to go throughout the day during school. Because I'm unable to use the restroom during class, my stomach will make strange noises...but this usually happens later on during the school day :(
My stomach has been doing this for over three years now and I'm fed up! Is it trapped gas? A food allergy? Stomach disease? Stress?
It's very embarrassing...please help!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A26537
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum. ‎

Based on the history and the description of the cramps and specifically, in absence of major symptoms ‎like fever, loss of weight, appetite, bloody stools, etc, you may be having Irritable bowel syndrome ‎‎(IBS).‎

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a chronic functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal ‎pain or discomfort with alterations in bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and diarrhea). These ‎symptoms usually are present for at least 12 weeks in a patient during the previous one year, and ‎unfortunately the onset or subsidence cannot be predicted. ‎

IBS is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms and by the absence of other diseases. IBS does not cause ‎any permanent damage or any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress ‎affecting an individuals work, ability to travel and attend social events. ‎

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications ‎‎(laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, or antidepressants). ‎

For symptom relief, you may consider to take antacids for acid relief, activated charcoal for bloating ‎and stomach gas issues.‎

You may consider to consult your physician or a gastroenterologist for counselling if you have any ‎additional doubts. ‎

I hope you find this helpful.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.