Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Is it really Bursitis, or something more serious?

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
I have had extreme pain in my hip, which my family MD said was bursitis. I had cortisone injection in my left hip and left knee (bursitis in the knee also). I have popping in my hip joint, and it hurts to lay on the left side. I have a hip replacement on my Rt hip, which was done in 1992, when I was 30 years old. (Hx of crushed pelvis from motorcycle/truck wreck when I was 20). I had recent bladder surgery, and my hip felt great for a few days after anesthestic. Then the pain returned so bad, that I rested for 2-3 days. It's much better now, but I have been careful not to rotate my hip, or lay on my hip. Side and backwards movement increases pain. Is it really bursitis, or do I need to return to my Orthopedic clinic?
Did you find this post helpful?
|