Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Is it Diabetes ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
Hi I am 24, the problem I am facing is that, some times I become very sensitive to cold and it results in frequent urination, and I was 66kgs before 5months, now I am 61kgs, and some times feels to eat something frequently,but normally there are no any type of symptoms of diabetes.And my feet are always dry and skin peels off and cracks are common.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Test your blood sugar!
You have some symptoms of diabetes, but the only way to find out is to have your blood sugar tested.

Perhaps you should also have your thyroid tested.
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2009
Experienced User
well, you don't like feel diabetic, do you? like, you don't FEEL there's something wrong with your sugars in your body, or that there's something wrong with one of your organs??
I used to drink a lot but this is because I was a minimal eater and drank a lot of water. You can drink a lot of water as a choice, and not as a consequence as well.
|

replied December 12th, 2009
Before i was diagnosed diabetic, i lost 40 pounds in 2 months, and i was drinking 10 to 12 bottles of water a day, on top of that i was peeing like a race race horse every hour or so. if you notice light headedness or a pressure in your head, or even a nauseous feeling you should go and get tested, just in case.
|

replied January 8th, 2010
i agree with MelodyNC. i get dry feet too and run to bathroom as well. when diabetes hit u, it is gradual but checking ur BGL will confirm the notion.

maintain approx 6.5 mmol/l or approx 118 mg/dL
|

replied January 8th, 2010
A sure fire way to find out if you are a diabetic is to have a complete physical with your primary care physician; this should include blood work ( a hemoglobin A1C test should be done to test your average blood sugar for the month) Before you see the doctor you should consider keeping a diary of the food you eat, your symptoms, and when they occur. A symptom of hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) is excessive thirst and urination, your urine might be darker than usual and might smell sweet. A symptom of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) could be head aches, light headedness, confusion, and unusual behavior, which could also be associated with hyperglycemia as well. And, any of these symptoms can be associated with any number of things so it is always a good idea to see a doctor rather than relying on the internet for advisement.
|