Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Is hemorrhoids little white spots on colonoscopy picture?

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
User Profile
I had a colonoscopy a week ago due to family history. The doctor said I had small internal hemorrhoids and everything else was "normal". I received a picture of my colon and was confused about the white spots in the picture. Is hemorrhoids little white spots? Or could those spots be something else?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2012
Colon Cancer Answer A34669
Welcome to e health forum.

The exact shape, size, and number of swollen hemorrhoids vary from patient to patient. Generally hemroids, otherwise known as piles, appear as a small lump of dark reddish-pink or dark blue-purplish - flattened grape like structures arising from the anal canal. Some hemorroids may appear like full grapes while others show a wrinkled surface.

The description of white spots in the colon mucosa is not specific and can be due to normal mucus glands, collection of submucosal lymphoid follicles, ulcers, etc.

The best way to clear all your doubts would be to put forth your doubts to your doctor, who can help you better.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.