Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

blood sugar causing anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi,

I am finally realising that alot of anxiety symptoms are caused by blood sugar crashes and that my diet SUCKS (since checking labels and realising how much sugar is added to my foods I am disgusted).

I am really confused about what I can and can't eat or drink. Can anyone offer a suitable website that can help me with diet plans/permitted foods etc?

I know that I need to avoid processed carbs, sugar, sucrose, dextrose etc.
However, glucose syrup isn;t on my list to avoid. I am pretty sure this is a no-go, but just wanted confirmation.

Thanks for your help Smile

Dave
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Atkins
Dave, I dropped my anxiety when I would basically follow the atkins plan and espcially when I eliminated caffiene.

Lowering carbs can help hypoglycemic symptoms, but everyone is different. Read Stan's sticky note on this forum, he lays out a good plan.
|
Did you find this post helpful?