Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

is fever linked to psychosis?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have had an episode of psychosis two years ago and I am currently taking Risperidone.
Recently I had a cold. While the cold symptoms disappeared about a week ago, I am still having a minor fever (99F). These days while riding the bus I felt a bit uneasy, anxious, like on the verge of a panic attack and I had to play my guitar for several hours to distract my mind from that...

I am still having that small fever. My question is the following:
Can fever be a symptom of a relapse or an up-coming psychosis? Does it usually accompany psychosis?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
I have no idea really.

However, I met this one woman who seemed to believe that we were angels at one time, what she meant I don't know, whether it be just me and her or everyone Im not sure.

But she was sitting there in a fit of severe anxiety and stress, and she was sweating profusely, it was just pooring out of her like her pores were faucets. Could have some connection with what you are saying.

I've come to call that the demon sweats.
|
Did you find this post helpful?