Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Is cosmetic surgery safe?

I need some advice... I've been trying to lose weight basically for years now, but it all seems to be in vain... I'm looking into getting a liposuction surgery done, and I wanted to know if there are any side effects that I should be worried about.. Can anyone help me out here?

Getting it done from Oliva
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Momila56
|
Users who thank aksharajoshi for this post: alexandriabodysculpting 

replied April 3rd, 2012
I have read many plastic surgery reviews and you know, not all of them are positive. Plastic surgery is considered to be safe, but still there are some risks. Besides, it depends on a surgery type whether it will be risky
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2013
I agree! it still depends on the surgeon, there are some records of plastic surgery failure but all of this are done in-house by those unregistered surgeons or surgeon to be. Personally I undergone breast lift in India and its a success. And the Fact that Plastic/Cosmetic surgery is now getting more and more popular! - The continental statistic of cosmetic procedures performed is surprising: Asia is the leader with - 4,336,866 procedures in 2011, followed by North America with 4,188,171, Europe with 3,544,572, South America 2,271,302, Africa with 283,964 and Oceania with 127,952 procedures. So we can expect that for the next years, decades it will be more popular!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied October 22nd, 2012
I had liposuction along with a tummy tuck. I did have to meet weight guidelines before I had the procedure done. It is very, very painful (my "hips, or flanks" as the dr called it) 6 months out and I am still in considerable pain. Lipo is not a good way to lose weight, it is used to shape and eliminate fat is specific areas. I only lost 4 lbs during a major tummy tuck/lipo procedure.
|

replied June 16th, 2013
Don't need to be afraid about the liposuction surgery. Before the treatment, the surgeon will explain you about the liposuction process. Also, a compression garment is applied in the treated portion of your body after the treatment is completed.
|

replied July 4th, 2013
Improved techniques of liposuction are now being used which are safer and less painful. If it is performed by an experienced doctor in a properly equipped facility then it’s safe. Temporary swelling and bruising can take place after treatment but your doctor can solve that also.
|

replied December 15th, 2013
Speaking of experienced doctor, I have done a lot of research for doctors in America but prices are really high. So I had my Liposuction in Manila by good surgeon, Dr Rino Lorenzo. He has a website somewhere, just google his name. I really love the result!
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2013
That's right! And there minimally invasive surgery. Before you will undergo such surgery your surgeon will discuss it to you so don't you worry.
|

replied April 11th, 2014
cosmetic surgery is safe procedure no side effects after surgery (any part of the body surgery) looking as a natural.
|