Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Cloning and Stem Cell Debate Forum

Is cloning right or is it wrong?

Hmm! Interesting subject I should say in which has great debate and contraversy these days. First off, I must explain what cloning is to all of the people who may not know what cloning is. I will explain it like this; cloning is duplicate or an exact copy of whatever it is being cloned. When it comes to cloning humans and animals we are duplicating the human or animal in to what we want. In which that is an exact copy of the first human or animal. Cloning humans and animals is breaking the laws of nature. I believe that nature should run its course instead of us humans trying to change what or how God intended nature to be. Humans as well as animals are unique. Not everyone or animal is made to be alike, according to God. God made each of us different so that the world would evolve. We can try to figure out why each of us are different from the other but, may never find an answer. We are not to know why God does what He does, not always anyways. Though it may sound like a neat idea, cloning will always be wrong through the eyes of God. Personally, I believe that cloning is a sick idea in order for people to gain attention and to make a profit. Cloning will always be wrong despite what people think and want.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I agree. Cloning is strange...but cloning parts of the body could help so many people! Like, I could have cartilage replaced in my knees to prevent arthritis. That's something I can agree with.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2009
Experienced User
You make some interesting points, but you seem way too sure about what God wants. Does He talk to you? Prove it... tell me something only God would know! (Joking a bit...) Seriously though, you get your faith from ancient texts and while you have that right, I get mine from science.

Furthermore, who's to say that our intelligence and scientific advancement isn't part of the natural order and God's great plan? Immortality is promised as the end result in lots of religions and cloning could very well lead to it. Why, we could even bring back the dead and clone them too! Didn't the Christian God promise that the dead would rise from their graves? He didn't give a scientific explanation or explain where everyone's gonna hang out, but maybe it's our destiny to figure that out for ourselves and fulfill that promise.

In short, don't be so sure what Nature or God wants. Given how short your life is compared to these forces, it's all kinds of arrogant!
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2009
I think the cloning of human parts is a great idea, depending where you are in the world and what not. Third world countries could benifit greatly along with anyone, say you need a kidney, an arm a leg, as long as they are not creating full humans, with the intention to use them as scrap parts then doing away with them.
What is so wrong.

I do not believe in god, or any religion for that matter, but i do believe in morals, and killing of a human being is wrong. If it is only parts, only for the use of making someone's life, that MUCH better. There is nothing wrong with it. In my opinion.

And as far as i know god wanted us to evolve. look how far we've come. to be able to prolong someone's life. Someone Who deserves to live. A young child should not have to die because there is a waiting list for a organ he or she may need. with also the chance that his/her body may reject it. When they can get their OWN part, as soon as they can, and maybe be able to live and to enjoy their life as it was intended from birth.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I would like to say its wrong because its interfering with nature and playing God. But hey! We play God all the time! Its called controlling our lives. But then again who's to say what playing God is? God I'm sure has WAY more than just one job. How do we know we're not interfering with his plan when we get our ruptured appendix removed? Or get laser eye surgery to prevent blindness?

However in any case if human cloning were done there is a high chance of the clone coming out deformed or unstable to live a life as long as we do. And that's just cruel.
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2012
The clone would have feelings of their own won't they? - just like identical twins...that I feel, is immoral. Using another person with their own emotions for you're own needs.
|

replied January 17th, 2013
whatever your sentiment about cloning the truth is it can help a lot of people
|
Tags: animal, eyes, all eyes
Quick Reply