Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Irritated skin on penis

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have a VERY annoying and irritating problem with the skin on my penis. It feels like, as I can most accurately describe, a friction burn on my penis that never healed. It is uncomfortable to do basically anything-the skin is irritated and sensative when it comes into contact with clothing, etc. It has been over a year now and the problem persists. I am posting as a last resort, hoping to get answers. If not, off to the PCP, most likely.

Also, I am sexually active, but I am positive it is not an STD because it was already there before I started having sex-just to rule that out.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2008
Are you circumcised?

It is common for the glans (head of the penis) and the reddish skin just below the glans (remnant of inner foreskin) to be very sensitive. In circumcised men the glans and inner foreskin are so sensitive that if they rub against clothing, they become irritated. After years of rubbing, the glans and inner foreskin will become desensitized. The secret is to keep the sensitive parts covered. That is what the foreskin does. For circumcised guys that is difficult and many men restore their foreskins to regain what was lost during circumcision.
|

replied October 10th, 2008
yes, I am. What do you mean by 'keep the sensitive areas covered'? Covered with what? Are you saying my problem is normal and it will get better itself?
|
Quick Reply