Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Irritated anus

I'm a 16 year old male and whenever i go to the toilet it is a little sore, but very sore when i "wipe" which irritates my anus and some blood is transferred to the paper. It seems a tiny bit "swollen". It is also kind of irritated when i am doing nothing. Is this serious ? I'm really scared :S
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like hemorrhoids. They aren't usually serious. Don't strain when you poo, that can cause that soreness when you wipe. There are creams that can clear it right up. Like Preparation H. Mention it to your mom and she can get you some.
|

replied January 11th, 2009
Don't fret. It's hemorrhoids starting. Nip it in the bud now. As Mabel said....DON'T STRAIN! I know that can be tough....I used to read mags and books on the hopper all the time. I'm just getting over the biggest one I have had yet and I'm 34 yrs old. I am learning my lesson the hard way....bedridden for 3 days and still in pain. It will go away but I'll need to take some steps to avoid getting them again. If you stop straining at your age you'll never get them again. Take care of it now and you'll never have a problem again. I'm the blood is bright red you are fine. Stop worrying...and stop straining.
|

replied January 28th, 2009
Irritated anus
Try sitting in a very warm bath for 10 minutes; colloidal oatmeal baths (like Aveeno) also soothes all that irritated skin. Make sure to rinse well after baths & pat dry; don't rub.
Preparation H with pain relief works great!
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Also
You need to eat a lot of fiber to make your feces softers, and a young guy like you probably spend a lot of time on the toilet and the pressure of your weight is bothering you rectal, make sure you have good bowel movements and soft because hard dry feces may you have a sore rectal, If this do not help zits baths and ointments are good, but make sure your mother knows this, and take you to a doctor. Other sickness maybe lurking around too.
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Ass problem!!!
My english is not good, but i have the same problem i'm 28 and my ass is pleading when i go to the toilet and last month it started to irritate so bad and i catch some white small insect it's moving like snake but i don't know how to say it's name in english please help me!!!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
I searched this on web, this is the information I got.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi d=20091124174135AA8GjNK

It may be threadworms. The little worm-like creature that was seen in your stool was probably a threadworm (pinworm), although there are other types of worms which can also infect the human gut.

The usual symptom of this infection is intense itching around the back passage which is often worst at night and may disturb sleep.
The drugs piperazine and mebendazole can both be used to treat threadworms.
Piperazine can be bought over the counter at a pharmacy but mebendazole is only available on prescription.
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
I searched on web, it may be threadworms. The little worm-like creature that was seen in your stool was probably a threadworm, although there are other types of worms which can also infect the human gut.

The usual symptom of this infection is intense itching around the back passage which is often worst at night and may disturb sleep.

The drugs piperazine and mebendazole can both be used to treat threadworms.

Piperazine can be bought over the counter at a pharmacy but mebendazole is only available on prescription.
|
Quick Reply