Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Irritable itchy penis after sex

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
I had unprotected sex with the same woman (aged 25) twice last night. I didn't wear a condom because she has a latex allergy. I've previously only had sex on one occasion - last week using a condom, with a sex worker.

Today my penis has been extremely irritable, and itchy, particularly around the eye. I havent had this before. I've had a very small amount of unusual liquid coming from my penis.

Do you think I've contracted an STD/STI or something else? Or could it be that sex is a new thing for me; I'm not used to having my foreskin rolled up and That is causing the irritation.

Earlier this year I suffered from labyrinthitis and have also been diagnosed with depression. I possibly have an anxiety disorder. I used to drink and take drugs (ecstasy, speed) every weekend.

Should I see someone (who?) about this immediately and do I have cause for concern? What are some tips - is there something I should take/avoid, or a cream I should apply? And serious signs to look out for?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A11068
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

Any unprotected sex with any person whose health details are unknown, will lead us to suspect infection. It could be a routine urinary tract infection especially in early years of sexual life. However, if the partner has some other infections, then they need to be treated.

Please consult your doctor for an examination immediately and also for investigations like urinary microscopy, culture and blood tests like VDRL/FTA-ABS, HIV screening. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.