Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

irregular periods

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
hi Smile i'm 17 years old and i started my periods properly at around 13 years of age and they were really irregular to start off with (ie two per year) but then they went regular for about a year and a half - two years. but recently i've started losing weight and my last period was in august. i sort of had one last month but it was so light that i don't know if it counts. i weigh around 9 stone 6 but my mum keeps saying that if i put weight on, then they'll regulate but i'm really scared of putting weight on and i think there may be an issue there too. i'm terrified of going to the doctors incase they examine me or if i'm unfertile. please help, i'm terrified. thankyou.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2009
irregular periods
Hi!! I started my periods when I was 12 years old and ever since they have been irregulars, I was so worry I told my mom and she took me to the doctor (don't be afraid at the doctor they just ask u questions that's all) and then they send me a pill that will turn my periods to normal, and for a while I took the pills and everything was ok. Now I'm 25, married for 5 years, I have a son and still have my irregulars periods. So don't think that something is wrong with u, it's normal to have irregulars periods, but anyway go to the doctor that way you'll feel better.
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Go to the doctor.

It could be as simple as taking birth control pills for awhile.

It's best to know whats going on with your body.
|

replied December 11th, 2009
hi i'm 25yrs unmarried but my periods not come from last three months so what should i do
|

replied December 11th, 2009
i had face irrregularity problem before 2-3 yrs ago but that time i tell this problem to my mom she take me to doctor and he ask sum questions and gave m pill he asked speciaaly (MEDICINE STARTED FROM 3rd DAY OF PERIODS) after taking a pills my periods are normal but now these days i'm afraid so plz help m wht shoul i do
|