Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

irregular bowel movements and stomach pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have always been very irregular when it comes to bowel movements, but within the last 3 months, I have barely gone to the bathroom at all. I started taking fiber to help, but when I did that, I went a full 2 weeks without a bowel movement at all. I stopped taking that, and since then, have had to take laxatives to get any kind of relief. However, when I take the laxatives, I just get diarhea. I have regular stomach pain, mostly in my back and left side of my abdomen. My stomach also gets hard spots...again in my left side. Please let me know if I should see a doctor...and what kind of doctor should I start with. I need relief from this!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2009
Supporter
i would go to the primary care doctor to see what he suggest. but i have to ask you, do you eat cereal with a lot of fiber, whole grain bread and rice, fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water.
if you are i definitely would go to the doctor. it is so important to go to the bathroom.
please look into this before it become a bigger problem.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
I do try to eat a wide variety of foods and drink plenty of water. I will schedule a visit with the doctor b/c this is getting to be too much! Thank you for your help!
|

replied July 11th, 2010
bowel movement problem
my husband has problem with bowel movement almost like dierrhea. will rice and banana help to firm up the bowel movement?
|