Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Intrusive and rapid thoughts

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I've been having more and more intrusive and rapid thoughts to the point where I have to tell myself to shut up... in my mind.

The thoughts in my head have rapidly different tones, and they argue with each other. And I have to tell them to stop or else they won't stop. The biggest problem is that because I hear different tones of thought, my mood is very erratic.
These intrusive thoughts will trigger different moods and it will cycle through the entire day.

It usually happens when I'm alone, but they leak out at different times even when I'm not.

I have cycles where certain "tones" are more present than others and it makes me feel like I'm a different person each day or each week.

It's hard to explain some things but it's making me very confused and depressed.

I have been to the hospital for having a severe (life-threatening) panic attack.

It's making me worried because I'm getting delusional thoughts too.
I went outside at 2:30am to go for a walk to clear my mind.
Something was very eerie about the night and I was convinced that the cloud formations I saw in the sky were signs from aliens telling me to drive to the beach so they could abduct me. I convinced myself this.

I get paranoid (feeling I'm being watched) almost every night or so.
I always feel socially alienated by friends and strangers.

I used to hear screaming that wasn't really there.
And I just heard a voice that evidentally wasn't really there about ten minutes ago.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
If I may ask, what do these voices say, or what do they argue about? What did the voice ten minutes ago say.
|

replied November 20th, 2009
They argue about different things, most of the time it's hard to remember. Noise in my head that doesn't go away.

The voice I heard 10 minutes before posting that sounded like a child playing some kind of game but it was at 2am and there was no one.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Intrusive thoughts with schizophrenia?
This sounds just like my daughter. They haven't diagnosed her with schizophrenia yet because they said if the voices were in her head then it was something different. They're not sure what. Is this normal with schizophrenia?
|