Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

intestinal cramps and diarrhea during pregnancy

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Hello everyone. I'm a 25 year old mom who needs some help. Last November I delivered my first son, a healthy baby boy. But my first trimester was nothing but normal. The day after I found out I was pregnant, I started having very painful intestinal cramps, which then continued to happen and increase the level of pain and frequency. I ended up in the ER a few times, but I didn't want to take any pain medication, because they could harm the baby. I then started to have diarrhea non stop, to the point that everything that was coming out was green. I couldn't breath, I couldn't talk, no position helped. I really thought I was going to lose my baby. It lasted for about 3 long months, and no doctor could find out what was wrong...and no one still has. It was like someone was pulling my intestines in every direction, twisting then around. Every test turned out to be negative, no colitis, nothing. Colonoscopy and endoscopy, normal. I would love to get pregnant again, and give my son a sibling, but I'm horrifyed of getting the same pain again. Can anyone give me an idea of what could have happened, or what I can look or test for, or has anyone had this condition? Thank you all.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dr. Nikola
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Doctor
Good for you that everything ended well and you delivered a healthy baby. If you had all those digestive problems during the first pregnancy it doesn't mean that you will have them again. You can get pregnant again whenever you want.
|
Did you find this post helpful?