Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Internal pain lower right side back

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Every now and then I get a sort of dull ache inside, above my right hip, at the back. Occasionally, like just now, I get some shooting pains in the same area. It comes and goes and seems to get worse if I get dehydrated. Could this indicate any kind of kidney complaint? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mrschris
|

replied September 12th, 2010
I GET SHARP PAIN IN MY LOWER LEFT SIDE RIGHT ABOVE HIP I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND I WAS FOUND TO HAVE A HERENATED DISC CHECK IT OUT YOU NEVER KNOW.
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
I had a kidney infection very painful but now 4 weeks later if i do not drink enough i get that kind of dull ache pain and have to drink. I also feel sick and very tierd.

i would get yours checked out better safe than sorry
|

replied October 4th, 2010
i have lower back pain on the right sidei havent pulled it as far as i know and it comes throug to the front of my pelvic area susan
|

replied October 7th, 2010
It could well be that you are passing very small kidney stones. I have this condition for twenty years.
|

replied October 29th, 2010
I am having really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back, like a knife stabbing me to the point it takes my breath away any Idea's on what this might be ??
|

replied November 4th, 2010
pain in lower right back
i have been having lower back pain on right side just above the hip.started only in the morning when i would wake up, then go away as i moved around. now it,s lasting all day and i know it,s not a muscle or a bone problem. i think it could be kidney related.going to try drinking alot of water and see if it helps.
|

replied November 5th, 2010
to reply to some of the messages when i had pain which was like stabbin in my right side of back near kidney area it was a kidney infection. the pain for me was horrible and so glad its gone now. so if you that type of pain get it sorted quickly dont delay it could get worse.
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2011
I have had lower back pains since my 1st pregnancy, but nowconstantly on a daily basis for about 4 months, now almost almost a week I hav a new pain which just came to me is located in the same area as my kidney, at first I thought it was a spasm or pull which I often suffer from but now im a bit concerned and my insurane is currently not working
|

replied August 21st, 2012
I first had back pain3 days ago late at night, on the lower back on the right side, I took pain killers and deep heat and eventually it went away I keep on getting it, the pain is constant, Ive also got a bladder infection is that kidney related?
|