Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Internal diseases causing lower back pain ?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
What I want to know is if there are any diseases other than spinal diseases that can have a symptom of lower back pain. I know your monthly period can have a symptom of lower back pain, I just want to know if there is an internal disease that can cause lower back pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Rockyroad61,

there are various medical conditions that can cause lower back pain that are not spinal related; far to many to list.

some of them are rare as well.

a simple google search of common causes of lower back pain will give you answers that you might be looking for.

Have you seen your primary doctor about any lower back pain you are having?

Fran
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Been to Too many Doctors
I have been to my primary care dr, several neurologist, orthopedics, obstratricians, pain management and more. I have done google on back pain and all it ever comes up with is something wrong with the spine, disk etc. Maybe if someone could give me the name of just one disease that has lower back pain as a symptom
|

replied May 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have you had an MRI done?

Have you been given a diagnosis?

some of the things besides spine conditions that can cause low back pain

Pelvic inflammatory disease.
Aortic aneurysm.
Peptic ulcers.
Gallbladder disease.
Pancreatitis.
Urinary disorders such as kidney stones or urinary tract infections.
Prostate disease.
Uterine fibroids
Chlamydia ... lower back pain, lower back pain worse during menstruation
Colorectal Polyps
Copper toxicity
Endometriosis

the most common causes of lower back pain has to do directly with the spine.

Fran
|

replied April 9th, 2013
SEVERE LOWER BACK PAIN
hi i was just wondering my husband is in taiwan right now and he is suffering from his lower back pain fro 3 weeks now. he has been to a doctor and was given a shot of diclofenac. the pain went away for 2 days but it just came back again, i read in google that is very dangerous that drug but what should my husband do? have an xray or mri? the pain he says goes down to his legs & knees, what should he do, appreciate your advise ASAP
|