Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Internal chest pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My chest has been internally in pain for like last two weeks. When I eat something, it feel like that it lays on heavy on my chest because the chest feels so heavy all the time. It starts from the middle of the breast and ends near the upper stomach area and also the same place in my back. It feels so conjested and heavy from the chest when I breathe. Please tell me what is wrong with me and what should I to reduce the pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2009
Supporter
This is an area where it could be many things..Main thing is get to your PCP..

It could be gastritis-stomach inflammtion, ulcer,GERD-acid from stomach moves up into the esophagus,could even be gallbladder acting up or the liver..

Again--safe than sorry go see your PCP..Get an appt. set..Since it has been two weeks it might not be anything serious or immediate danger-just the same when you hurt you hurt..Have you tried OTC antiacids to see if it will help?

I guess I am stressing seeing the PCP because only a doctor who sees you can really tell what is going on..k
|

replied August 4th, 2009
I went to the emergency room and got done my x-rays, blood work. The doctor said everything is looking fine in the report. They said it could be either acid reflux or peptic ulcer so they told me to get a test done for peptic ulcer through PCD. Today, I went to my PCD and she said she is also very highly suspicious of peptic ulcer so she perscribed me some medicine. I told her that it's more my chest and breasts that's hurting than my stomach. So, she went and did my breast examind but she found nothing and said they feel fine.
She told me to come back in three weeks if it's not any better. I took the first dose today.. let's hope for the best.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2009
Supporter
Honey I am glad you went to the doctor..Ulcers are nothing to sneeze at and can cause some serious problems if not dealt with.I hope the medicene works for you..Thank you for taking the time to let me know how it turned out..kd
|