Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

intermittent severe chest pains?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I have intermittant severe chest pains. I have a tenderness in my left hand ribs. I have pins and needles in my arm and a numbness in my left hand

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2011
(online)
Chest Pain Answer A24153
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms indicate the possibility that your pain could be due to musculoskeletal disorders, resulting in compression or entrapment of the nerves.

Involvement on both the right and left side of your body, could be due to systemic disorders resulting in peripheral neuropathy.

You might benefit by consulting a doctor who can examine you and diagnose the exact cause of your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.