Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

intermittent cloudy vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Occasionally I will have foggy or cloudy vision. I can't see things very clearly either close or far away. My ability to focus is unaffected. When impaired I can still read, use a computer and drive, but it is straining and annoying. It is intermittent, I have it about two days per week. It often goes away after a 3 to 6 hours, but sometimes it lasts most of the day. Most of the times taking saline eyedrops will clear it up for a short time. Is usually happens more often if I sleep longer than six hours. I also feel more tired when I have this problem, but I believe that is due to the foggy vision itself.

I have worn glasses and contacts in the past: prescriptions of 1.5 in one eye and 5.5 in the other. I had Lasik w/interlace about five years ago and had no problems with foggy vision (or halos, etc.) until this started about four months ago. I am a 41 yo male and just starting to notice a little far sightedness. My cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, BMI, etc. are all healthy. I do have allergies including seasonal allergies that include itchy eyes, etc. but this vision problem does not seem to correlate 1.0 to allergies (but it might be affected). I take Zyrtec seasonally, antioxidants and vitamin D regularly.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2010

I think you might have glaucoma symptoms
|
Did you find this post helpful?