Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Inside vaginal opening swollen

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hi, I am a virgin and recently attempted penetrated sex with my boyfriend. Howvever We didnt have full sex as i found it very painful. When i got home i examined my vagina (I dont usually) Well inside the opening of my vagina i could see a pink lump of flesh looking rather tender and with some spots of blood? Is this normal, Im not evrn sure if there should be flesh visible inside the opening of my vagina, and I am feeling some discomfort.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like he broke your hymen. This is also often called 'popping your cherry'. This is a normal part of sex the first time you are penetrated. As you have more sex the skin will wear away and after child birth, it will be completely gone.
|

Hi thanks for ur reply susan, but i thought the hymen was ment to have a hole? Mine is literally a lump off flesh hanging down the inside of the opening of my vagina?
|

Especially eHealthy
The hymen is an mucus membrane that can be quite thick depending on your testosterone levels during puberty. It's only got a hole in it if it went right around the vaginal opening like a ring or cuf. If it is crecentric (does not go right round but is in the shape of a crecentric moon for example, there is no hole - the hole is the part of the vagina not covered by the hymen.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
I have had the same thing but I have white inside mine.
|
Quick Reply