Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Insertion of tampon after handjob - likelihood of pregnancy?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
This morning my boyfriend and I were making out and one thing led to another. He is a believer in no intercourse until marriage, so it ended up with me giving him a handjob. While this was going on, I could tell my period started but I didn't want to just leave him (I was wearing a pad for backup since I knew it had been coming soon). So once he finished he went to take a shower, and I jumped up and grabbed a tampon and ran to his roommate's bathroom (we're very good friends, this is not an intrusion at all).

My period is a little late this month, as stress with schooling likely played a factor. And so, when it came, it came with a vengeance. I needed to get a tampon in ASAP. There was no soap in my friend's bathroom, so I put the tampon in without washing my hands. My hands were dry by that time, and had never even been covered in semen to begin with. But nevertheless, there still was some on my hand and I tried to be careful not to let my fingertips touch the part of the tampon that would go in me, or my vagina. It's quite possible that part of the tampon may have touched me as I was inserting, however.

So my big question is: how likely is it that I could get pregnant from such a case? I have a tiny bit of comfort knowing that I started the same day this happened, but pregnancy can happen anytime there is contact involved. Any feedback would be much appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 1st, 2009
Experienced User
be unlikely u are pregnant..sperm dnt live very long outside the body..
|
Did you find this post helpful?