Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Insect bite turned into blister

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
My foot got bit by some fire ants a week ago. The bites are heeling, but one of them has turned into a blister, and now I think I must have been bitten by something else.

The blister is about the size of a dime, is clear with the surrounding skin reddened. Looking at the blister, I can see what looks like yellow "fingers" extending toward the center from the outside.

It's as though you were to draw a sun with rays, where the space between the rays are these fingers. The fingers are yellow, and the "sun" part inside the blister looks clear (presumably puss).

Does anyone know what kind of insect did this?

I got the ant bites in Florida, but I've been in Tennessee for about 4 days. I'm not sure when this particular bite happened.
Did you find this post helpful?
|