Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Inner wall of vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hello,

I am in my early 20s and have been pretty regular and "normal" down there since purberty. Recently I just noticed that on one side of my vagina, the inner wall seems not as, for lack of a better term "connected" to the outter wall as it usually does. Like the adhesiveness that is usually there and is still on the other side is...less? It''s no really painful or anything. Hope I am making some sense! I''ve not been sexualy active yet, and I wash regularly, a bit more recently since the weather warmed up and I''ve been waking up sweaty. Perhaps washing more can irrate it? Is this a common occurence? Will it go back to "normal" on it''s own? Can I do something about it? Could it be a sign of an infection or anything like that? I have no other symptoms and am about a week before my period....

Thanks so much for your help!

LittleBlueEyes Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
LittleBlueEyes, I am totally confused. Inner wall and outer wall of what?

You have a vagina which is like a pipe/tube going into your body, it''s entrance is inside your vulva which is a flattish area between your lips. You have two pairs of lips, labia minora or inner lips and big fat labia minora or outer lips. At the top of the vulva where all your lips come together you have your clitoris. What got ''disconnected'' from what?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2010
I am sorry I didn''t explain well. I guess I mean the lips. inner and outer lips not walls. It was just put to me that way before. I mean on one side of the outer lip it''s not as...I am not sure the best word to use here..connected was probably the wrong one...close to maybe, the outer most part of the vagina. I don''t mean the inner folds where the clitoris is but the outer part of all that. Any clearer? I don''t mean to be confusing, my terminology is odd I guess. Sorry Again.
|

replied April 7th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
LO LittleBlueEyes, It is ok. It is very difficult to explain without a drawing so I had to ask Smile

The chances that something is wrong are very very small indeed. What you are most likely seeing is just the irregular way our bodies are put together. One side is not the exact copy of the other side. Our vulvas are even worse than that! Our labia can be smooth, wrinkled, peeking out, sticking out, hanging out, long, short, uneven, hidden, pink, white, brown, purple, red, very dark, almost black, multi colored and the worst of all is that the one lip can be different from the other side. So do not worry about its appearance.

(Just in case you are wondering:) No amount of masturbation can make something happen to your vulva, just like kissing, breathing and eating cannot change the lips on your face.

It is important that you wash correctly. Use clean water or very mild UNSCENTED soap. Don''t wash inside your vagina but do pull back the hood over your clitoris and make sure you wash your clitoris. Also wash between your lips.

Take care!
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2010
Thank you very much! I understand the difficulty of understanding without visuals haha! I am definitely trying to be more careful/aware of what soaps I use to wash...I learned the hard way with a scented brand of Dove one time...no fun!

I''ve learned it''s best to be extra gentle when it comes to our sensitive girly parts!

This difference was just something I hadn''t noticed/felt before, but I suppose being a little outa-whack is actually fairly "normal" down there! Haha!

Thanks Again! Smile
|