Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Inheriting Schizophrenia

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
i am 15 years old, and both of my parents have Schizophrenia.
what are the chances that i will inherit it??
please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2009
your conscious mind is separate and independent from your body,

as long as you keep your mind healthy, by being responsible and making good choices, and entertain healthy social habits, IE: going to church

you should be just fine
|

replied December 1st, 2009
THIS IS NOT A DEATH SENTANCE!Be mindful. Learn the symptoms. Learn why they are the symptoms. You are your own person. SZ will be repeated if the same mistakes are made. In a similar way to gambling, or alcholism, deal with the issues, don't be afraid, we all and I STRESS WE ALL have them, no matter how hard we try to hide.I said to my husband, I will not be a breader (meaning of people who have drinking issues) therefore I will not have a baby until I sort my self out, which is horrible, because I would love to have a healthy child, but I will not be a breader!Everyone finds there own reason, it does not have to be about church; but through your emotions, your spirit, is what you damage, you need to be true to yourself, or you can not bring about, what you dream about.
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
How does one inherit a being and or beings entering ones body and mind, I don't understand, perhaps my family has been cursed or is their enemy or something, I don't really know.

I don't see how one inherits this?

Maybe we do in some way or another, but it doesn't seem to be genetic.

How does one inherit these beings coming and conversing with me?
|
Quick Reply