Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Inguinal hernia and varicocele - infertility ?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I have had an inguinal hernia for roughly a year. The hernia isn't too much of a problem in daily life so I have been putting off having it fixed, since I only know it is there when I eat too much and see my intestines puff out of the small opening in my groin area. In this time with the hernia I have noticed my left testicle is a bit...different, with a large mass of vein. I suspect varicocele, which I understand is common with inguinal hernias. My concern is infertility resulting from this. When I have the hernia repaired, will this varicocele condition go away, and will I have a greater risk of infertility resulting from this? Or is it reversible in this case? Thank you for any help involving my concerns.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2010
Something else I'm just now noticing is that the pressure build up goes away immediately after I lie down on my back. It returns as soon as I am back in a vertical position or seated. I guess my organs are resting on something, causing this?
|
Did you find this post helpful?