Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Inflammation of the stomach. how long to heal?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been Following my Gastritis Diet, eating Carrots and Drinking carrot Juice eating yogurt.
I take anti-Acid pills prescribed
by my Doctor and also take Maalox. and also eating tuna with olive oil.
My questions are.
How long dose my Inflamed stomach take to heal on average ? how will I know when its healing ?
is it Normal to have bolting even if am eating the recommend stuff?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
lucas643,,

The lining of the stomach can heal within a couple of weeks, in cases where the gastritis was due to a discrete problem such as taking high doses of NSAIDs, and the inciting etiology was stopped.

However, if the gastritis was due to an infection with h. pylori, it will take some time to get rid of the infection, then the stomach has to heal. Likewise, if the problem was from stress, incorrect diet, medical problem, etc, then the underlying problem has to be corrected, before the stomach lining can get better.

Gastritis is rarely a short term problem. It took some time developing, it is going to take some time to get over. It can also become chronic, lasting months to years in some cases. So, it is important to get it under control, to determine what is the cause, change the diet as needed, treat it aggressively, and try to prevent it from returning (once it has healed).
|
Did you find this post helpful?