Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

inflammation goes from very inflammed to mild back and forth

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
so been to the doc twice.....tried everything, im on this different cortizone steroid med ...but would anyone have an idea why my inflammation goes from very inflammed to mild....back and forth...my white discharge seemed to go away, but its just so inflammed...anyone has had this problem or whats going on? my doc just doesnt seem very helpful...i may just go to a new place ? btw im not working or working out so , cant be that , thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The recurrent flaring up of the symptoms or recurrent infection could be due to re-infection (especially if you are sexually active and your partner is not treated simultaneously), presence of other conditions like diabetes, altered vaginal secretions and pH etc. Consider getting a vaginal swab/smear test done to identify causative agent. A culture sensitivity test done will also help to confirm the right medication to be used for maximum effectiveness. You can also consider taking a second opinion from another gynecologist if needed and proceed with further management as indicated. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating gynecologist/obstetrician and report any unusual/abnormal/new symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

|

replied September 19th, 2011
Treat a yeast infection from the inside
Typically, recurrent yeast infections are related to low white blood cell counts. Many food itemsgarlic, green leafy vegetables (kale), green tea-- help boost immune function and white blood cell counts.

Avoid foods that feed yeast. They include starchy foods (i.e. bread, pasta) , sugar, fruit juice, alcohol and caffeine. Also, these foods prevents white blood cells from being their strongest. Avoid birth control pills and antibiotics too. These medications can turn your sytem updside down.

Drink plenty of water, avoid stress, exercise and get lots of rest too.

Probiotic yogurt and probiotic supplements contain microorganisms called lactobacilli, normally present in the bowel and vagina, which actually make fungus commit suicide. So, you may want to consume these too.

On top, take vitamin c , a multi-vitamin and coconut oil. Take about a teaspoon of all natural virgin coconut oil that is unpasteurized with each meal. Coconut oil has powerful anti-fungal properties. It can be purchased at health food stores.

Treating a vaginal infection from the inside can be done as well by dipping an unbleached tampon in the coconut oil or apple cider vinegar (NOT WHITE VINEGAR) and inserting into the vagina. You can leave it in overnight for a maximum of 8 hours. Do this for about 4-5 consecutive days.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.