Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Infertility

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for 2 years, and I am not on birth control, I cannot take anything with Estrogen or Progesterone, I have horrible reactions to it, and he always orgasms inside of me, and I have never gotten pregnant. He thinks he is sterile because as soon as his ex-girlfriend had sex with a new man, she got pregnant immediately, and we have decided that we want to have a child. I am 21 and he is 24, and we plan on getting married eventually, and we both want children but we do not know if it will ever be possible
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
What is your cycles and menstruation like?

It is pretty easy, quick and cheap for him to have a sperm count done. That will answer his doubts immediately.

Best of luck TTC.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2012
My cycles are irregular, and very heavy flow, and where would we go to get his sperm count done??
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Semen analysis or sperm counts depend on where you live. In the USA, fertility/IVF clinics, doctors, pathology labs, urologists. Try to phone your local hospital and ask them. There is even a home test (SpermCheck) approved by the FDA (buy from CVS/Wallgreens online) in the USA.

Very heavy flow should not be an issue. Having irregular cycles might mean that you will have to find a way to track your fertility and predict ovulation. There is a pretty good book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Tony Wesschler, or look at the free education resources on fertilityfriend (dot com)
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: sparkles16