Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Infection after anal sex ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My partner and i got abit carried away while i was on my period which i dont normaly do but one thing lead to another, we had vaginal, then i gave him oral, then vaginal, then anal and then vaginal again, all without using condoms. this was 3 days ago and now i am feelin very sick, findin it very hard to pass water and have bad abdominal pain. i would also just like to add, none of us have an STI. im guessing i have some kind of infection? and what could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like you have a urinary tract infection.

Its a no-no to go from anal to vaginal without cleaning up first.
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2009
Supporter
You went from having anal sex to vaginal sex without using a condom. When you did that you introduced bacteria from your anus to your vagina. I don't know if this caused the abdominal problem and urination trouble but it is definitely an unhealthy practice. You should see a doctor and tell him/ her EXACTLY what happened.
|

replied June 8th, 2009
I agree with Mabel. The most likely culprit is E.coli which is curable with antibiotic. I suggest that you go and see your GP to confirm an UTI with a dipstick test and have the urine sent out to a lab to be cultured. E.coli is resistant to many antibiotics so it is important for the lab to do sensitivity tests against whatever bacteria they find. Your partner should be tested as well. Good luck.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
question about anal sex
my husband and i had too many cocktails one night, got ahead of ourselves and tried anal only for a minute or two and then switched to regular. The day or two after it felt like i was constantly wet, now i am seeing a clear to white discharge. My bladder feels tender to the touch slightly when i have to urinate and my clitoris is senstive. not much burning during urination, but feel a little bit after I finish. My doctor is on vacation!
|

replied June 29th, 2013
Yikes! Never go anal to vaginal! Even if you clean out first.

You're body is now trying to fight off an infect but you still go to the doctor to get a swab test for a possible bacterial infection which can lead to a painful bladder infection.

One more thing... even if you do clean out the poop-chute first, the surrounding hairs may still hold on to the bacteria. Taking a shower after anal sex is the best followed by anal hair removal.
|