Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

infant water on the brain

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have a newborn niece will not eat, urinate,make a bowl movement or even cry. They think it may be water on the brain or "failure to thrive". What can we expect from either of these diagnoses? Mental retardation? Death?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Under developed brain / water on the brain on infants
I have a 14 week old baby who has been diagnosed with hydrocaphlaus or water on the brain, but it is because her brain did not develope fully - only approx. 1/3 of it. She also has seizures and vision imparement but we do not know to what extent? The doctors could not tell me how she is going to develop or what we can expect from her, but she has recently started smiling at me, sucking her hands and lifting her head on my chest. I do know she will be delayed but am also trying to find out to what extent if anyone has had any similar experience or information I would really love to hear it. I was also told she could have a shorter life expentancy but because her condition in not associated with any group or syndrome I could not get any answers.
|
Did you find this post helpful?