Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Indications and tests for MS

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
I have asimetric sacroilitis (grade 2, I checked it on the internet, it maybe grade 3) according to MR report
I go to the physical and rehabilitation medicine (PRM) department.

At first, they said clinic data does not support the MR report for a rheumatic disease. And they checked brucella and PPD. Brucella was negative and PPD was 12 mm. (A month before the first ache I had a room-mate with active tuberculosis.) PRM doctors suggested me to use Sulfasalasin with Endol. My hipache is not continuous but it has attacks that take 2 weeks more or less. Sulfasalasin and Endol didn't make any change about my complaints.

Nowadays, I feel prickle on my head and arms. If I sit on my legs, I lose the feeling at my ankle and feet for a while (Not always, but sometimes.) And my hipache repeats. There is no stiffness.

MS is somewhat related with my complaints. What do you think?
My english is not so good, because I am from Iraq, sorry for that.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2008
Multiple Sclerosis Answer A4741
Diagnosis that has been suggested: ankylosing spondilitis
Current medical status: PPD:14 mm brucella (-) CRP-normal ASO-168 RF-normal sedimentation-2 mm
Current medical treatment: The doctors are planning to start Enbrel.

Multiple sclerosis can be manifested with various neurological symptoms (including numbness, prickle, and pain) depending upon the location of the demyelinisating plaques in the brain and spinal cord. To diagnose MS you need to perform a neurological examination, brain MRI, spinal tab and evoked potentials test.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.