Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Incredibly itchy, bumpy rash on chest & neck

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I am at my wit's end! I have a rash that started as a cluster of little bumps on the top right side of my chest about the size of a dime in january '12 (it's now july!). It spread from there down to just the top of my boobs, and a little bit in between them, part way up my neck and around the side of my neck. It varies between small, densely clustered bumps, to random scattered larger bumps that are not any color (red when i scratch) or filled with any fluid. The rash will subside, but the itching will not. It is so itchy that I am scratching constantly and even leave sores that bleed and scab over. I have not started any medications, changed soaps, laundry detergents, etc. I do not wear lotions or perfumes or anything like that. It is confined to the front of my chest and around my neck. My regular dr. had no clue and sent me to the dermatologist. I went to a dermatologist, but it was not at it's worst and he gave me no opinion on what it could be...just said to come back when it was worse, he'd cut off a bump (biopsy) and have it analyzed. in other words...big bucks! The prescription medicated ointment my regular dr. gave me (betamethasone DP augm .05% ointment) did absolutely nothing. I've tried over the counter hydrocortisone, yeast infection cream, athlete's foot spray (to relieve the itching and see if it affected the rash at all if it was a fungus or something), anti-itch lotion meant for poison ivy, poison oak, etc...this alleviates the itching for an hour or so. Please help! This is driving me insane. 7 months of non-stop itchiness is hell! Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2012
skin
grovers disease?
|

replied November 6th, 2012
I am going to the doctor today for exactly what you are describing. Have you gotten any answers yet?
|

replied November 30th, 2012
rash
Did you find out what it was hun im exactly the same ??? please its driving me insane and i can never get into my doctors Sad x
|

Did you find out what it was hun im exactly the same ??? please its driving me insane and i can never get into my doctors Sad x
|

did you find out what it were hun im exactly the same and get never get am appointment at my doctors
|

replied June 25th, 2013
I have the same thing. My derm diagnosed it as pityrosporum folliculitis. She put me on fluconazole which did nothing then gave me ketaconazol cream. It's not improving at all. Very frustrating.
|