Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

increased headaches, smell smoke

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
i have had headaches for 43 years, ever since a severe head injury as a child. I usually have 3 days a week of headaches, diagnosed as variant migraine/cluster headache. starting in May I started having daily headaches, red, hot ears and a hot head (sweating hot) I also have intermitant spells of smelling cigarette smoke though no one here smokes at all. also tingling finger tips and numbness on lips.

I had a ct scan (GP said normal) Gp notoced some mild neuro deficits. I set up a visit to the neurologist to change headache meds (been on fioricet w/cod for 8 years) and a ct scan of the abdomin showed a fatty liver, no doubt from the amount of acetyminiphine I take. I also have a retroaortic renal vein.

any ideas, thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2009
OMG, I finally get to see a neurologist, at the leading neuro group in the area. I sit in the waiting room for 58 minutes, then I am hurried back to an exam room and sit there for 60 more minutes, can you believe that? 2 hours waiting to see some one. by now I am thinking this has to be a joke or a really messed up place. Finally a neurologist comes in, appologetic, kind, more appologies but by now I am beyond being angry and more than ready to just say forget it and leave (but its not in my nature to be nasty even if they deserve it) The whole exam lasts 28 lousy minutes, less than a half hour, and to make it worse, we are interupted we are interupted 4 times by some intern knocking on the door and asking questions about some other patient. needless to say when the meeting was over I had had enough, I think i would rather live with my pain than go through that bull again. I bet that none of the DR.'s in this practice would wait 2 hours for any kind of service, noe of their employees would either. so i left really upset and the whole day ruined and got nothing from the meeting except angry!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?