Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Increase of body temperature at night

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ever since I was little I always had an instant change in body temp before bed. I am cold for most of the day and then when it's time for bed I heat up. Then as it is becomes close to sunrise I am drenched in sweat then freezing. It starts in my hands and feet then it makes its way to the rest of me. Its not a "seasonal thing," it happens every night. My room doesn't get much heat in the winter but it still feels like +24 degrees celsius. I am not overweight. I am a 17 year old girl. As far as I know I'm healthy as a horse. It is just uncomfortable to sleep, I'll constant wake up during the night to adjust/kick-off the covers. I always have a drink by my bed, still doesn't take down my temperature. I even wear shorts - instead of pj bottoms or sweats - and I still get too hot. Then every once in awhile I will over heat and have really bad nose bleeds (and I mean bad). So if anyone wants to share their thoughts on the cause might be i'd be interested in hearing them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2012
You may be getting hot flashes which then turn into cold sweats.

Have you ever tried maybe placing a small fan into your room or running your wrists under cold water before you go to bed?

Do you get bad headaches or migraines when you get nosebleeds? If so, I suggest contacting your physician and explaining your symptoms as that may be a serious problem.
If you aren't getting headaches, it could be that your room is very dry.

Try maybe using a humidifier or putting a bucket of cold water in your room (Damp cloth can work as well)
This will bring back moisture to your room.

Try changing your blankets to something light, like thin cotton.
Avoid using thick blankets as they can cause you to overheat very fast.

- Ever since I was young, I would always overheat.
It was excruciating at times to the point I would have to sleep with an icepack under my feet.
This would only happen when I was in bed, relaxed and ready to sleep.
What helped for me was using a small fan and a bucket of water in the corner (It helps to circulate the air and to add moisture to the room)
|
Did you find this post helpful?