Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Increase in gas and bloating

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
For the past 3 and a half weeks i have had an increase in gas. I feel bloated after eating. Im not sure if i'm constipated because i force stools out. Usually when i force out anything (usually a couple times a day) its easy to pass but small in amount. I'm not sure if im letting enough build up in me. I also have had an increase in mucus. It seems like every time i pass gas its wet (sorry i know its gross). And in the last couple days Ive had a very mild dull ache in my lower right abdomen near my hip. The pain is very brief lasting only a second or two but intermittent coming usually once or twice a day. The pain is worsened if i try to strain. My doctor thinks it has something to do with my gull bladder. I did have a pain under my right rib cage but has been very intermittent coming and going every other week or so. And i did see some undigested food in my stool one time through all this. I'd like to believe my doctor but im so scared its something really bad like cancer. No one in my family has ever had cancer and neither of my parents have colon polyps. PLEASE HELP.

P.s i did see blood on the outside of my stool a couple times in very very small amounts (Maybe a drop). However when this happened it was always after passing a hard stool. It may have even been food.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Constipation is condition with decreased frequency of bowel movements and difficulty with passing one.
Feeling bloated after meal can be symptom of irritable bowel syndrome or Celiac disease.
Constipation can be symptom of different conditions.
It can result from eating food not rich in fiber and is accompanied with lower abdominal pains, discomfort of bloating.
Bright red blood on stool or toilet paper, usually indicates bleeding from hemorrhoids and bleeding due to anal tears.
Both, happens when one strains to pass a hard, dry stool.
Constipation, feeling bloated, passing mucus or stool covered with mucus, lower abdominal pains, could be symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Constipation and lower right abdominal pain can be caused by presence of colon diverticula or diverticulosis.
|
Did you find this post helpful?