Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Incisional hernia in 2.5 year old

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
My son had OHS for repair of three heart defects at birth..a few weeks ago we noticed a lump (about the size of a quarter) 2 inches below is sternum and off to the right. Apparently he has developed a ventral/incisional hernia from where the chest tube was. Does anyone know of a surgeon who specializes in ventral hernia repairs in children? Although his local cardiologist says his heart is fine to have the surgery (if needed) at our local hospital I am not yet comfortable with that idea. I have also read the many posts regarding complications and re-operations and would like to find an Expert for consulation. We are meeting with our local ped. general surgeon next week and are hoping he will say to just leave it alone for now..but would still like to be put in touch with an expert who can answer our more indepth questions. We are on the Northeast Coast and willing to travel. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|