Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Implantation bleeding, negative pregnancy test, late period

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi. I'm quite worried about my cycle right now. I've been reading different forums, which I think kind of helps but adds a bit of stress.

A week before my period I got spotting which when I looked it up, was implantation bleeding. It lasted for about 2-3 days. When the implantation bleeding stopped, I had protected sex. And we even checked the condom and we were safe. Before that my last intercourse was a week before my last period.

I did not get my period the following week and I'm currently one week late. I took a home pregnancy test and it was clearly negative.

A few days before I was due for my period I had fever and my sleeping pattern had changed. I got my period for April and had protected sex about a week before that. Now my May period hasn't come yet.

The only stress I've gone through lately are late hours for work, but I make up for it by waking up at noon. And the worry on why my period is late.

I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor, but I'd still like to know if anyone out there has an answer to my current worry?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

If you had unprotected intercourse then chances of pregnancy are quite possible and the spotting would be a symptom of early pregnancy.Home pregnancy test does not give accurate results until hormone HCG is detectable in urine and it can show negative.
Some drugs and stress can delay the periods for sometime and it is very difficult to comment without knowing the complete sexual history.
If you suspect to be pregnanct get a Blood HCG test done as it is a confirmatory test for pregnancy determination.Consider visiting a Gynaecologost for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

replied May 16th, 2011
My doctor gave me duphaston and said it was stress related. But I read that this medicine is also for pregnant people. So does that mean I still have a chance of getting pregnant?
|

replied May 24th, 2013
my periods are irregular but trying to concieve,i tracked them for two months and they both started on 21st i had intercourse
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.