Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Implanon can cause infertility!!?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
Hi, After having the Implant (Implanon) removed (15/04/2011), what is the estimated length of time before I get my period? & even if I dont get a period, can I still be ovulating every month? Please Please help, because My Partner & I want to try for another Baby & after reading a comment elsewhere, that said Implanon can cause infertility!!?!! Im scared I'l never have another Baby!!!!
- Thanku, - Distressed 25yr old Mummy of a Daughter, desperate to be a Big Sister!!!! :(

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2011
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A22811
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

You seem to be very anxious and under lot of stress.Since every woman is different the time taken to start the normal ovulation and restore fertility differs in individual.It can vary from minimum 3 months to a year to have the periods.Periods are indicative of ovulation being started.As the implant prevents ovulation by causing alterations in the hormonal levels, after removing it body takes time to get adjusted to the normal hormonal levels.It only causes temporary infertility which is reversible.
Relax yourself as so much of stress can disrupt the hormones again.Give few months to your body to get back to normal hormonal state as you got the implant removed recently and then consider visiting your Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.