Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Immune system recovery and mono

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I had mono 2 summers ago. It was a pretty bad case and took me while to get over, and ever since I've had tons of strange health problems I never had before that won't go away. After mono it did seem though as if my immune system recovered because I only got a few colds...but since last October I've gotten sick almost every single month. And alot of the times when I get sick it feels JUST like when I had mono. My lymph nodes ache, I get this god awful headache and am just completely lethargic. I get a fever most of the time too..Could this be mono relapsing, or is it mono that destroyed my immune system? I don't know if I should go to the doctor or not..Anyone had a similar experience, and any advice?
I've tried taking vitamins, sleeping more, and changing my diet. Nothing works. I get near anyone who has any illness and I pick it up immediately
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper vps108
|

replied March 27th, 2010
I keep getting mono
I had mono over 5 years ago now and it seems to keep coming back. I used to be a long distance runner, but every time I try to train I will fall back into the same symptoms of super high fever, sensitivity to light, and lethargy. I still always have white spots in my throat to back up my claims. I've gone through it at least 5 times now and it's driving me insane.
The only thing that works for me is to not run. Unfortunately that's my passion and I keep giving it a try once I feel better again. I never actually went to the doctor again because I don't want to have to pay to hear a diagnosis for something that has no cure. It doesn't seem helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?