Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

Dizziness Related to Auto-Immune Disorders?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I had an issue of the symptoms 8 years ago and had some issues along the way and now 8 years later all the symptoms are back. It would be wonderful to figure out which Auto immune disease it is but right now my biggest concern is finding something that will stop the dizziness. It gets very intense at times to where I can't drive or do much of anything but sit in a chair till it stops which could be hours. 8 years ago I went to an ENT Doc and they couldn't find anything wrong. I had dizziness along the way but nothing to alarm me that I needed to get checked out. Now it's 7 years later and I've had the dizziness a year this month. I would just love for the dizziness to stop so I can function again. I am currently seeing a Neurologist and it's been a mystery of how to treat me. Any suggestions?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2008
Immune Disorders Answer A3787
Dizziness, muscle pain, plus your documented brain lesions might indicate Multiple Sclerosis (MS), but without a precise diagnosis from your neurologist, treatment options are too numerous to consider. To diagnose - or rule out - MS, you can request a few more tests such as an immunological examination of the liver, and a test called Evocated Electrical Potentials. While MS is an auto-immune disease, it is not related to ANA, CRP or RNP. Lupus, which is another auto-immune disease, can also cause brain lesions. You might consider consulting a rheumatologist or an ENT (ear/nose/throat) specialist.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Immune Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.