Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Im cutting myself, im trying to get help, but im still so scared

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
hi erm.... Okay ive been cutting myself quite a lot, and in the short term i have no desire to stop, but in the long term i dont want any scars or to seriously injure myself, so because the long term is more important to me, ive made a doctors appointment to tell her about my self harming, but i have no idea what to say, how im going to say it, and whats shes going to do, i feel like im taking someone elses spot and this isnt that serious, so i guess what im trying to get at is: i live in the UK does anyone know what a doctor from the UK will do and say when i tell her? Im really scared to go :/
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply