Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Im addicted to self harm

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
My name is Pyro and I cut I'm not proud of what I do but I'm not ashamed either its a fact I have to live with. When I was 7 I started to be abused and that is when I started burning myself. When I was 11 I was sexually abused at that point I had stopped burning and started cutting. I'm now 14, underweight, abused, and I still cut. Its become an addiction and I just don't know what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2012
Ask for help from from a doctor. Even if you're not comfortable going to your family doctor-go to a walk in- explain the situation breifly and say I need to be put on a list to see a phycologist. I need help and I can't do it alone. Say that hunny. Because you need to break Down fully and let help in. You need to speak with a therapist. They're an amazing help. I had a similar yet lesser situation growing up. Don't cut your beautiful skin.

Go to the doctor!! Now! Smile
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey,

Sorry to read your story - being hurt at such a young age.
I can relate to you I was abused at aged 6 till this day I can't get
It out of my head. When I was nine I started to self harm this was to help
Me cope with life, it helps I know but it's not the answer I've had to
Learn that. Perhaps you should speak to someone I'm in the
Process of doing that the more you talk the less you'll want to harm.

Please feel free to mail me anytime
Take care
|

replied November 20th, 2012
In your situation, it doesn't sound like coming out to your parents about your cutting is an option. You may bot be ready to but I think that you defiantly need to tell someone. Telling someone might result in you being taken from you parents, but right now, I don't think that your parents are any safer for you than your cutting. If you are not yet ready to tell someone about what is going on in you household, try using some other coping skills. Ride a bike, go for a run, read a book, draw, do anything that you like doing. I'm going to assume that you most likely don't have a good support system, but a good support system is something that is very important to stopping your self harm. Try finding and talking to friends.
|

replied November 20th, 2012
In your situation, it doesn't sound like coming out to your parents about your cutting is an option. You may bot be ready to but I think that you defiantly need to tell someone. Telling someone might result in you being taken from you parents, but right now, I don't think that your parents are any safer for you than your cutting. If you are not yet ready to tell someone about what is going on in you household, try using some other coping skills. Ride a bike, go for a run, read a book, draw, do anything that you like doing. I'm going to assume that you most likely don't have a good support system, but a good support system is something that is very important to stopping your self harm. Try finding and talking to friends.
|
Tags: Addiction
Quick Reply