Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

If there was proof in reincarnation...

User Profile
or something happens to make you believe in it, would you still be against abortion? From what I've noticed the majority of people who are against it believe that this life is the baby's only chance to live. After the ending of that life the baby is either in heaven or lost in purgatory for all of eternity. Now if I did indeed believe that this was true I would never get an abortion. However I don't. I have too many reasons to believe in reincarnation therefore I have no problem when i hear of people aborting. Because I don't believe that this is their only chance. I believe that they will have MANY chances after that one and so forth.

Thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
Experienced User
I think you're right. I also think that a lot of Christians believe that abortion is evil because some of them have this view of God as a petty bully. Those are the ones who think an unbaptized baby's soul would suffer eternally in Hell or Limbo. I don't care how offensive I'm about to be, I must say that any God who would torment or imprison an innocent baby just because Mama wasn't a good girl is not one I'd care to worship or obey.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I do not believe in reincarnation. I believe that your chance at life begins in the womb, if you're aborted you don't get to be born and that's it. I think if our spirit were seperate from the sum of the life we live then our personalities are predetermined and I have many reasons to believe a person's personality is developed throughout the course of their lives. That some personality traits are inherited but not ingrained as a result of reincarnation.

As far as my religious belief (emphasis on belief) is concerned, children are the most innocent of human life and the unborn children do go to Heaven, regardless of who their parents are or whether their parents go to Heaven as well.

But I believe what happens to a fetus once its aborted is the concern of the person(s) who chose to abort that fetus and God. Everyone was given the freewill to do as they please.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm having flashing images of little tablespoon sized blood and muck puddles all over the floor of purgatory..
Where did this 'punish the embryo/ fetus/ child' mentality come from.. oh right.. 'good book' got it.
*Shakes head*
|