Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

If anxiety caused you to get fired is it a disability?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
If it got in the way of my job after almost 6 years how am I supposed be confident it won't destroy me if I manage to secure another job? Can someone with anxiety/ocd qualify for disability? And if I have chronic untreatable pain from being born with Ehlers Danlos, should I even bother trying see a disability attorney? I mean now that I'm unemployed my anxiety could be worse. I'm finally looking for things to take, crap from Whole Foods, one homeopathic, one suntheanine did ZILCH. Now I'm trying decide between nervine tonic and nerve control, but with stuff like passionflower I'm afraid of it making me tired and after a night of no sleep insomnia anxiety I can't afford take something during the day that relieve anxiety by making me sleepy. I want relieve anxiety, but still be awake and energetic. Is this at all possible? The herbal treatments only manage to reduce anxiety by making you too tired to be anxious?? Can I qualify as disabled, can my anxiety also be considered OCD? I mean you wouldn't think me OCD from the messes everywhere, not that I like the mess but I feel overwhelmed by it, live in a tiny room so like no place to put stuff. I'm not into washing my hands over and over or checking things. I just have certain obsessions, in the morning mostly, I have to comb my hair til like every last loose strand of hair is out, this has gotten worse since I had feeling I was getting fired and since I had jaw surgery that took my savings and didn't give me the desired result, that was when I fell apart more and since I decided life was not hard enough so let me learn to sew, then I thought let me sew vintage patterns so I got obsessed with ebay AGAIN, I have had previous bouts of ebay, is that an ocd/anxiety disorder, biding on crap on ebay incessantly until you make yourself broke and lose your job? I have to search for patterns all the time too and clothing and ways to have surgery to improve my bad looks and I Just want be normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 9th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
u might want to try some self help books
good luck
|

replied November 30th, 2011
I am on PA Disability. I have been diagnosed with PTSD from a rape attack, depression, anxiety, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, OCD, you name it. I also was on interferon treatment for hep c. But I got a good disability lawyer. I had to fight for almost 2 years (and you can't work while fighting), and go to countless doctors that the state wanted to test me. But I finally won. I got 13k in back pay (which the lawyer takes 25% of, that's standard in PA), and now get $830 a month. It's not very much money, and I really can't live off it, my family lets me live with them thank god. And I get $158 in food stamps to help. The biggest plus though is I get FREE medicare/medicaid coverage to take care of my medications and doctor's visits. I am still allowed to earn $720/month working part time (which I'm still unable to do, but am working towards it). GET A LAWYER would be my best advice.. They will work for free if they think you have a good case.. At least get a consultation. It is not an easy road, but worth it in the end if you are TRULY unable to work!
|