Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

I weaned myself off meds. Any reason for concern?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I weaned myself off 200mgs Zoloff, 100 Metotropol 50 Lisinoprol for blood pressure and anxiety -lost 15 lbs over 6 mths exercising- 61 a year old 240 lb man, blood pressures been in 130'3/140's over 70's/80's range. Last meds taken over 1 wk ago feel much better. Any reason for me to be concerned other than the possible return of the anxiety and/or high blood pressure which I monitor daily?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2012
It is of interest that weight loss can be associated with elevated blood pressures becoming essentially normal. And regular exercise helps. If the blood pressures remain normal in the range you describe, I would conclude that you are heading in the right direction. Should you lose somewhat more weight?

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.