Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

I was hard before we were naked but ...

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
So I'm 18 and I am still a virgin. I recently just had a couple sexual interactions where I was about to have sexual intercourse and I was hard before we were naked but once I was about to have sex, I couldnt keep an erection. This is a huge problem I am very worried about please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2011
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A26155
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I have noticed 1 thing from the description. It is that you’ve been smoking around 6 cigarettes for the past 1 year. Smoking itself can lead narrowing of the blood vessels of the penis resulting in erectile dysfunction. Right now, you’re not suffering from erectile dysfunction as you’re able to get an erection, although you lose it before ejaculation. I’ll suggest you to firstly give up smoking completely as it has got many other hazards apart from this.

Other causes may be psychological, alcohol, illicit drugs and medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes. In your case it looks more psychological and hence i suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist.

If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a psychiatrist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.