Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

I want to try to get into a relationship with my abusive ex

Ok so a few years ago when I was about 18 or 19 I met this guy and he started out really sweet and kind, he had a child at the time who was about 17 months old and the mother of his child had signed over the rights to him because she was just not fit I guess and they fought a lot over custody and whatnot anyways the only issue is that he was on probation for domestic violence. I am a Criminal Justice major so I mean I know a little about law but he told me that he honestly didn't do anything, he never laid hand on her and I believed it. He was a great guy and he was 23 we had the same goals of getting married and having children young, the problem is that he started getting SOO controlling, if I was going out with friends he would ask me where I was going and who with, and then ask me to take a picture so he could see my outfit and I didn't mind I thought it was cute that he cared so much about me until he started getting intense and like always wanted to see what I was doing and what I was wearing (not in a sexual way either, like in a "you are going out like that? you look like a slut" type of way). We eventually got into it and decided to stop talking to eachother. Now here I am 2 years later SINGLE and miserable and not gonna lie I looked him up on FB and he looks so cute! Only issue is that he has a gf now and I would never interfere but if they break up I would love to message him and see whats up, maybe rekindle things. I just hate myself so much for letting this amazing guy go because I know that right now if I would have stayed with him I would be either engaged or married and probably pregnant and I am just so so so so mad at me for being a stupid idiot. Do you think that he will take me back? What should I do? I miss him so much I met him around this time and idk I just miss him and I want him so much and I'm so sad.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2012
hes your ex for a reason...
|
Did you find this post helpful?