Medical Questions > Parenting > Preteens Forum

I want help

I feel so alone. the strange thing is I shouldn't be. I have family and a boyfriend of 7 months. then there are people who like me I guess, but I don't feel accepted. I would call them friends but they wouldn't consider me one. I don't have people to talk to so I share everything with a school councillor, and I even annoy them now so i've stopped asking for help. I don't know how to be okay again, everybody at school thinks i'm miserable sometimes for attention because other times I feel totally fine and act happy. I don't attract bad attention, I am the bad attention. I do things to make me feel better, not to be cool or have a good time, because I thought they would help me. They don't. I also do things to take out my anger, which my parents know about and didn't care about. all they said was that i'm an idiot. I feel dead inside and I feel selfish for feeling like this because there are people who say they want to be there. but then when I think about it, they're not there. all I do is make them hate me. it's just a never ending spiral of nothing. I don't know what i'm posting this for, maybe someone else feels like this. otherwise it's just to get it off my chest I suppose, things have happened to me, lots of things, that i've never told anyone and that might be why I feel alone. I don't know, this probably won't get read. thanks if you did read.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2011
you should talk to a real counselor, not some person from school who probably doesnt give a crap. part of your problem is probably the things that have happened to you. have you tried taking medication for depression? i dont know how old you are, but i felt a lot like this in middle school. i didnt feel like people liked me, no real friends, didnt really fit in.. i got medication for depression. maybe that helped, or maybe my life just got better (and i use that term loosely). i became a pc gamer, and i made friends online. i met people online that made my life seem easy. i met people who liked me. and my personality changed over time and ive become someone people like in real life. i felt a lot better having people who accepted me and liked me. not to mention i got extremely lucky and met the man im going to marry online, and ive had him to keep me going for nearly 4 years now. the point is i found something i liked doing that kept me occupied, and it was something i could do where people accepted me. and things just went from there. i hope i helped in some way and i hope that your life gets better soon. i didnt have to deal with the feeling for long, so with any luck you'll be done with it too soon.
|

replied June 20th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Mother nature rewires the brain of teenagers between around 12 or 13 to around 17 years old...
Some body changes happen too...

It is natural but it makes some into monsters for a few years and makes some feel invulnerable and some inadequate and lonely...

Go with the flow and do the best you can for a few years and it will pass!
|