Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

I want a baby !!

User Profile
Im 13 years old and my boyfriend is 16, we have been having unprotected sex for the last thew months,and we had unpotected sex and my boyfriend cum in over 3 times Shocked i told my parents and they made me take the after morning pill but i really want a baby and my boyfriend says he will support us and get his own flat so we can all live togather but i dont know what to do because i want a baby. and i took the pill less then 24 hours after having unprotected sex is there any possbility i could still be pregnant ?
thanks xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Becca2013
|

replied April 3rd, 2011
i understand the want tot have a child...but i would storngly advise waiting until you are better prepared...you have the rest of your life to have children...but just remember the scond you have a child...nothing you want matters anymore....im 23 and im not ready for that....and as for the morning after pill...if you took it correctly you should bot be pregnant. One more thing...i also understand that sex without a condom is more fun but so many negative things could come of that hun...STDs and pregnancy...if u really dont want to use a condom at the very least go on the pill....believe me its better to wait.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2011
okay thank you for the advice but after i took the pill less then 3 hours later i was sick is there chance it couldnt work now ?
|

replied April 4th, 2011
If you threw up it won't work.
No offence but if you can't even read medicine instructions and information then you are definitely not ready to look after another life. For the rest of it's life. It doesn't stay a baby forever. It'll soon be at school, then high school, then university. How are you going to afford that? Because my mum's on over £20,000 a year and we still have to scrape by. It's not easy.
You might want it, your boyfriend might be OK about it. But it's not just about you two. No one wants their child growing up to hate them because they can't even buy enough food for them.
Think again please. And go see your doctor.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
Wow ok. No offense but you are 13 yrs old and you want a baby? That's pretty much a child still raising another one. A baby is hard work & with these hard times it's a struggle even for people who don't have children. Wait on it. Finish school go to college do things you want to do. Once you have a child you can't really do anything anymore without worrying for anything like food or clothing for example & a baby you constantly have to provide for until they can survive on there own. Sure, they are cute and adorable as a baby BUT they grow up, move out, begin there own life. Just give it time you are WAY to young. You should see a doctor ASAP about this to make sure you aren't pregnant. Please wait for a child.
|

replied April 4th, 2011
i agree, please wait. the morning after pill probably won't work-but it may. birth control pills can be taken and still be considered digested if vomiting occurred 2 hours after, because the body had time to get it into the bloodstream, and once it's there it can't be thrown up or anything-it's on it's way to work. I don't know if the morning after pill will be the same, because of how strong it is and what it is it may have taken longer to "process through". I know a girl who had a child at 13, her boyfriend 17, and guess what? she never went to college, her father took custody of her son, her boyfriend skipped, and she hasn't seen her son in over 3 years. He's no 7 years old. Now, i'm not saying that's what could happen to you, but anything can happen. please highly reconsider this...I'm 16 and i know i couldn't handle a child, and there's so much for kids in our age group to do still, we have so much time. please, stop now before you release the real weight of the life you THINK you want. good luck.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
i have been married for the last3 years.i have conceived 2 times but i had a miscarriage.when i will conceive again and give birth to a healthy child
all medical reports are normall.
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2011
what you are feeling is hormonal you are 13 and it is normal to want to be independent and have a family who loves you. those feelings of depression INCREASE when you have a "baby" BUT this this this is NOT the way to be happy. ALL OF US WOMEN PROMISE AND GUARANTEE WHEN THAT BABY IS HERE YOU WILL TAKE BACK EVERYTHING YOU SAID. You will look back and feel like the dumbest idiot. and your boyfriend will LEAVE as soon as he sees how hard it is. I dont care what he has told you. NO STOP TELLING YOURSELF you and him are "different" thats what we ALLLLLL SAY and "KNOW FOR SURE"! how many highschool marriages make it til death do you part? 2% in america. you think you are special YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL your baby will scream like any other, she will get sick, you will not sleep for months and years at a time because it will be all about them. do not risk having a baby you have your entire life ahead of you use condoms. NO BABIES. THEY DO NOT make your BOND between you and your bf closer. LET ME REPEAT ALL OF US OLD PEOPLE ARE RIGHT BABIES CAUSE DIVORCES NOT HAPPY MARRIAGES. Children stress relationships. only MILLIONS of us have to figure it out the hard way. DONT BE DUMB LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES. that is being WISE. do not do this to yourself. go get on the shot the implant whatever you have to to protect your future HAPPINESS. IT DEPENDS ON IT!
|

replied April 5th, 2011
I was 14 when I got pregnant with my son. I thought everything was going to be picture perfect. My baby daddy and I were so excited! He even proposed and promised to stick around and be supportive. Everything was looking good. I thought he was the one for me and that he and I would never be apart.

Now, I am 16. My baby daddy and I aren't together. He doesn't see his son or even send money for him. He parties and does whatever, while I am struggling to be a single teen mom living with my dad. I have a part of my 9th Grade year finsihed and 1 semester of my 10th Grade year. I will not be graduating with my class mates.

Every day is hard. I love my son dearly, but it would have been better if I had had him after high school. I strongly advise you to wait.

Hope this helps! =)
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2011
LISTEN TO BECCA2013 she has been there done that! SHE IS RIGHT! What she is going through is HARD even for me at 25 handling a baby is HARD. We are not trying to keep you from being happy but you and your bf arent special. You are not included in the 2% in America that make it. No matter how much you think it, its normal to think that immature when you are 13. You will look back and be so ashamed. I wish wish wish I could just say something to help her understand........the tears she will cry....
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2011
I have not got a baby even I have married for 1 year, hope that i will have a baby soon.
I think for someone under 17 can have a baby but they should have some income for the baby and the family Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2011
hunny dw im 13 and im kinda cheating on my bf with a 16 yr old. hes rly nice and i rly like him and i no how he rly is, if we start having a serious relationship, i no we will have sex. i rly want a baby too but im going to wait for a while coz i watched this thing and it was about a 14 yr old having a baby and she and the baby almost died. its not safe having a baby when ur 13 or 14. wait for a while and u can i guess Smile
|

replied July 12th, 2011
Right away when you said you were 13 years old and wanted a baby threw me off. i'm 13 also and i realize you would think that a baby is cute and not a lot of trouble. but it is. every summer i help my 31 year old cousin with her two kids. its a lot of work just helping out. and i realize that your boyfriend said he would do this and do that but what if he gives up on you. you will be left alone at 13 years old and pregnant with a baby that might possibly ruin your life. they are cute and cuddley but you should really think this through. there will be times where you think that a baby will be a good idea. but at 13 years old you need to enjoy your life and have fun with your friends, and shouldn't even be having sex let alone think about having a baby
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2011
Experienced User
Yes there is most CERTAINLY a possibility. I am 17 years old and I found out just a couple of weeks ago, I am about 2 months pregnant. I will be 18 when the baby is due to be born, and I am frightened. VERY FRIGHTENED. You have no idea hunny. I made a mistake. I regre it already. And I am sure I will regret it once I have this child. You're only 13, 13 is nowhere near mature enough to start a family. Neither am I really, but 13 is really extreme. You're barely a teenager! Please think hun. Think, like I didn't. I didn't want a baby; so my situation is a little different. But BOY did I regret it once I found out I was expecting. You shouldn't WANT a baby at this age. They are lots of work even for someone in their 20's or 30's and especially for someone around our age. Worse, my situation is even more complicated, as I am bisexual and I am in a relationship with a girl. The father of my child doesn'nt even talk to me anymore and I am almost positive he is going to give me zero support. My girlfriend says she will help, and I am thankful for that, but I am still scared. Just please think hunny! Don't ruin your life like I'm about to ruin mine!
Good luck and please think!
Lylan
|

replied July 31st, 2011
No offense, but frankly, wanting a baby at your age is plain and ownright idiocy. Wanting a child at 13 is probably tha stupidest idea you could ever have. Hell, having sex at your age with a sixteen year old in Canada (where I live) is considered statutory rape and wouold put him in jail for roughly 5-7 years. A girl at my highschool had a kid last year at 14, thinking she wanted on and that it would bring her and her boyfriends closer toggether, and now, she has no colledge funds, no spare cash, her parents are working extra hours and they are still broke, and her parents are on the verge of divorce from the stress. On top of all that, her boyfriend and his family skipped town to get away from her.

(read in sarcastic tone)Oh shes happy and living her dream now....
|

replied August 31st, 2011
I think that it was sensible to take the morning after pill and I hope for your sake that it works. I am 15 and gave birth on the 16th to twins who are in a neonatal intensive care unit as I write this. My baby daddy was really excited and promised to stick around and support me, but then he left and now I have not 1, but 2 children to look after who are both very poorly and were born at 24 weeks.
The baby wasn't planned it was a complete mistake. I was on the pill and it failed. I love Alana and Niamh with all my heart like nothing else but I'm wondering now how I'm gonna pass my GCSE's and get a job?
It's real hard I can promise you that. Wait for a bit, and you will be able to give a baby that you have in the future a much better life.
|

replied October 9th, 2011
I was 16 when I got pregnant with my son. I cried for 2 weeks when I found out. My son's father is a piece of crap who promised me the world. I was young and dumb, gullible and "in love" so I believed him. My son is now 3 years old. His father has seen him 4 times since he has been alive. I DO NOT get child support. I work my butt off everyday to support my son. Doing so means that I have to miss everything that he does, plus valuable time to spend with him JUST to be able to support him. I want you to sit down and think of all the fun stuff kids your age do. For example. Prom. I DID NOT get to go to prom because I have a CHILD to take care of. I also did not graduate because I have a child to take care of. I DO NOT have any one in my family nor friends to watch my son, there for I have to also pay for day care for toddlers which is NOT easy to find. What are you going to do when you turn 16 and get your license? Normal kids at your age do that. If you have a baby now you are going to have to wait for a long time to save up money for your car. I am not going to say that my son was a mistake because everything happens for a reason and God is not going to put something on you that he feels you cannot concur BUT I do wish everyday that I would have waited much longer to have him. I do wish you luck, however I also am going to tell you to get birth control.
One more thing. Stop having sex with your boyfriend for a while and see if he still stays with you. Most of the time the only reason a boy dates a girl younger that him is because they want sex and young girls are gullible enough to do it.
|